Contemporary teaching requires up to date methods and tools. Teachers nowadays are not playing the role of the traditional master of knowledge anymore, but they are the medium and the guide in the process of acquiring the new knowledge. CLIL teaching method (Content and Language Integrated Learning) constitutes the key in methodizing the teaching act through the tools it offers to teachers worldwide. CLIL method is designed in order to make the teaching act on the one hand innovative and on the other hand effective. It is based on contemporary theories for experiential education and promotes immediate practical acquisition of the new knowledge. This way, it succeeds to be the most prevailing method today, due to the fact that it helps students to learn the new knowledge in a natural and effortless way. As for the teachers, they find a new way to make their lessons more interesting, more alive but nonetheless effective. CLIL is necessary for every teacher or professor who seeks new, innovative and more effective ways of teaching, but meanwhile they seek to broaden their professional horizons and to claim a job position in European market.
- Note: Participants must have at least a CEFR level B2 knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively.
CLIL post-education program is addressed to: school and preschool teachers, professors teaching in
secondary education, foreign language teachers, educational councils, undergraduate or postgraduate
Methods & Tools
Lectures, discussions, group work, presentations, exercises, study visits, video- presentation, audiovisual tools, practical implementations, teaching proposals.
During the course, we also organize study visits to local schools. We discuss with participants their needs and we organize study visits to cover these needs. We usually organize study visits to:
- Early education – Primary education – Secondary education – Adult education local schools.
- Special needs education schools.
In course fee includes
- Coffee Breaks that include traditional products.
- Guided tour of the Historical Center of the town.
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant of the town.
- Europass Mobility.
- A small gift with traditional Cretan products.
- Certificate of Attendance, for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.
|CLIL: Language||Heraklion||06 Mar 2023||5 days||400€||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|CLIL: Language||Heraklion||01 May2023||5 days||400€||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|CLIL: Language||Heraklion||03 Jul 2023||5 days||400€||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|CLIL: Language||Heraklion||06 Nov 2023||5 days||400€||Confirmed||PreRegister|