Education with a holistic perspective is concerned with the development of the students into lifelong learners and active citizens who will take personal and collective responsibility to support themselves and the “different others” to live with dignity and self-respect in any multicultural environment they will potentially live within an unpedictably evolving globalized ‘risk society’ (Giddens, 1990; Beck 1992).
Education with a holistic perspective uses Art and Nature in an active ClILing mode to liberate students’ imagination and creativity and make teaching and learning a unique developmental experience (Perkins, 2006; Efland, 2002; Eisner,2002; Robinson, 2019).
Teachers are the social workers (Freire, 2006) who activate their students’ intelligences(Gardner, 2010)‘scaffolding’ them to reach their full potential (Vygotsky 1986, 1994) through acts of meaning ( Bruner, 1997) while cooperating to ‘CLIL’ their subjects.
- Note: Participants must have at least a CEFR level B2 knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively.
Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; Teacher trainers; Head teachers; Principals; Managers of schools.
Methods & Tools
Cooperative workshops within museums, archeological, urban and nature sites (brainstorming, discussions, teamwork, role-playing, case studies).
During the course, we also organize study visits to local schools. We discuss with participants their needs and we organize study visits to cover these needs. We usually organize study visits to:
- Early education – Primary education – Secondary education – Adult education local schools.
- Special needs education schools.
In course fee includes
- Coffee Breaks that include traditional products.
- Guided tour of the Historical Center of the town.
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant of the town.
- Europass Mobility.
- A small gift with traditional Cretan products.
- Certificate of Attendance, for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.
|Cliling with Art||Heraklion||24 Jul 2023||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Cliling with Art||Heraklion||22 Jul 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|