“An alternative, fun and interactive way of teaching through museums.”
Getting students interested in the material they are being taught is one of the main challenges teachers face today. One method to do that is to take kids out of the classroom and let them explore the information provided in other educational settings, like a museum. Most people regard museums as non-easily approachable places, especially made for certain categories of the public, rather boring and reflecting an older era. Nevertheless, the educational role of museums has been identified as “the core to museums service to the public”. The public dimensions of museums leads them to perform the public service of education—a term that in its broadest sense includes exploration, study, observation, critical thinking, contemplation and dialogue.
When this program is completed, the participants will have the opportunity to realize the importance of the pedagogical role of the Museums and be able to organize an educational visit to a museum. The course is structured on exploring the benefits of formal and informal learning, using pedagogical methodologies to planning investigations, analyze and interpret the results.
- Note: Participants must have at least a CEFR level B2 knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively.
Teachers working in kindergartens, primary schools, lower secondary schools.
Methods & Tools
Lectures, exercises, discussions, teamwork, role-playing, study visits.
During the course, we also organize study visits to local schools. We discuss with participants their needs and we organize study visits to cover these needs. We usually organize study visits to:
- Early education – Primary education – Secondary education – Adult education local schools.
- Special needs education schools.
In course fee includes
- Coffee Breaks that include traditional products.
- Guided tour of the Historical Center of the town.
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant of the town.
- Europass Mobility.
- A small gift with traditional Cretan products.
- Certificate of Attendance, for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.
|Museum Education||Heraklion||15 May 2023||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Museum Education||Heraklion||24 Jul 2023||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Museum Education||Heraklion||22 Apr 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Museum Education||Heraklion||22 Jul 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|