Environmental Education (EE) aims at teaching childrenfrom a young age to be environmentally aware, offering the perfect chance for educators to build lifelong habits that could potentially make a significant difference in the future of our planet. Sustainability and Environment are recognized within public discourse as crucial topics. Consequently, it is essential to realize that the concept of Environmental Education is continually changingtowards Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). ESD containsall the goalsand principles of EE but it also aims at the transformation of human behavior in order to achieve sustainable living.
- Note: Participants must have at least a CEFR level B2 knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively.
Teachers working in kindergartens, primary schools, lower secondary schools.
Methods & Tools
Lectures, exercises, discussions, teamwork, role-playing, study visits.
During the course, we also organize study visits to local schools. We discuss with participants their needs and we organize study visits to cover these needs. We usually organize study visits to:
- Early education – Primary education – Secondary education – Adult education local schools.
- Special needs education schools.
In course fee includes
- Coffee Breaks that include traditional products.
- Guided tour of the Historical Center of the town.
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant of the town.
- Europass Mobility.
- A small gift with traditional Cretan products.
- Certificate of Attendance, for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.
|Environmental Education||Heraklion||04 Mar 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Environmental Education||Heraklion||13 May 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Environmental Education||Heraklion||01 Jul 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Environmental Education||Heraklion||05 Aug 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Environmental Education||Heraklion||07 Oct 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|