Greek language is not only one of the most ancient languages but also one of great importance due to the cultural and scientific value of ancient Greek scripts that are saved, nowadays. These scripts are the evidence, that ancient Greeks played an outstanding role on the progress of the European civilization and they were the source of timeless ideas like Democracy, Humanism, Justice and Socialization. Moreover, they greatly contributed to the formalization of the contemporary humanity and culture, as a whole. Personalities like Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Pythagoras and Herodotus have played a distinguished role in humanities and social sciences. Greek language was the mean for the ancient ideas to surpass the Roman ideology through the ages and become the prerequisite for the Byzantine civilization. Also, Greek is the language of the New Testament and of all the Christian hymns and Byzantine literature. But, the most important fact about Greek is its timeless and unstoppable existence through ages. Today, Greek language is the evolution of the same language that Homer and Pericles spoke hundreds of centuries before. Nevertheless, Greek is one of the official languages of Europe and one of the most interesting classes in curriculums of lower and higher educational institutions around the world.
- Note: Participants must have at least a CEFR level B2 knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively.
Greek Language, History and Culture post-education program is addressed to: school and preschool teachers, professors teaching in secondary education, foreign language teachers, educational councils, undergraduate or postgraduate college students and everyone interested in culture, history and language evolution.
Methods & Tools
Lectures, discussions, group work, presentations, exercises, study visits, video-presentation, audiovisual tools, practical implementations, second language teaching.
During the course, we also organize study visits to local schools. We discuss with participants their needs and we organize study visits to cover these needs. We usually organize study visits to:
- Early education – Primary education – Secondary education – Adult education local schools.
- Special needs education schools.
In course fee includes
- Coffee Breaks that include traditional products.
- Guided tour of the Historical Center of the town.
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant of the town.
- Europass Mobility.
- A small gift with traditional Cretan products.
- Certificate of Attendance, for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.