Teachers today face with many challenges. While integrating technology in the classroom should be
something all teachers enthusiastically embrace, the rapid onslaught of new tools has left teachers
overwhelmed and unmotivated. Many schools have invested in hardware, software,and internet access but
in order for the curriculum to be truly integrated, teachers must also invest their time and effort to learn how
to enhance their lessons with the various tools at their disposal. Furthermore, Virtual reality (VR) is a
simulated experience that uses position tracking and 3D near-eye displays to immerse the viewer in a
virtual world. Virtual reality has applications in business, education (such as medical or military training),
and entertainment (especially video games) (such as virtual meetings). The instructional goal, therefore, of
the first professional development series is that given a standards-based instructional goal, the teachers
will select the appropriate ICT and digital tools to integrate into the curriculum producing activities with
these that promotes 21st Century Skills.
- Note: Participants must have at least a CEFR level B2 knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively.
Teachers working in kindergartens, primary, secondary schools. Independent educators. Managing staff and
directors of all level schools and educational organizations.
Methods & Tools
Lectures, exercises, discussions, teamwork, role-playing, study visits.
In course fee includes
- Coffee Breaks that include traditional products.
- Guided tour of the Historical Center of the town.
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant of the town.
- Europass Mobility.
- A small gift with traditional Cretan products.
- Certificate of Attendance, for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.