“Applying knowledge before class as a means for an active education.”
Flipped learning is a pedagogical approach in which the conventional notion of classroombased learning is inverted, so that students are introduced to the learning material before class with classroom time then being used to deepen understanding through discussion with peers and problem-solving activities facilitated by teachers. Fast forward to the present and the dramatic growth of online content creation, collaboration and distribution tools provide practitioners with an accessible toolkit for delivering flipped learning. Video creation and distribution tools provide the opportunity to create flipped content with ease.
Alternatively, there is a wealth of pre-existing media available for reuse. While technology is not a prerequisite, there is no doubt that the intersection of web 2.0 technology and learning theory has enabled flipped learning to become a valuable addition to the spectrum of blended learning.
- Note: Participants must have at least a CEFR level B2 knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively.
Teachers working in kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools.
Methods & Tools
Lectures, exercises, discussions, teamwork, role-playing, study visits.
During the course, we also organize study visits to local schools. We discuss with participants their needs and we organize study visits to cover these needs. We usually organize study visits to:
- Early education – Primary education – Secondary education – Adult education local schools.
- Special needs education schools.
In course fee includes
- Coffee Breaks that include traditional products.
- Guided tour of the Historical Center of the town.
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant of the town.
- Europass Mobility.
- A small gift with traditional Cretan products.
- Certificate of Attendance, for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.
|In the flipped classroom||Heraklion||04 Mar 2024||5 days||400 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|In the flipped classroom||Heraklion||22 Apr 2024||5 days||400 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|In the flipped classroom||Heraklion||20 May 2024||5 days||400 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|In the flipped classroom||Heraklion||08 Jul 2024||5 days||400 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|In the flipped classroom||Heraklion||07 Oct 2024||5 days||400 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|