“Creativity concerns what we do with our abilities”,David. N. Perkins, “The Mind’s best work”,1942
Different people learn in different ways. Each of us develops his or her learning style, capacities, preferences, and limitations. Some prefer to start with practical action and then reflect on what does or does not work, others prefer to have the theoretical explanation first. It’s important to learn how to combine positive sides of different personal styles and different methodological approaches to reach as many people as possible. We learn from our own experience, from others, from the group, and through action.
During the course, participants could work out different tools and techniques to engage students’ critical thinking and enhance their creativity. Therefore they would learn, how to apply various active learning methods to establish diversity and inclusion. Through art- based teaching tools, we support children and young people to recognize and strengthen their personal and social skills.
At the end of the seminar participants will be able to answer the following questions:
- How can I integrate the shyest students or students with emotional disabilities disorders through interactive and experiential methods and using arts?
- How do I prevent or confront bullying in my class or school community?
- How do I recognize the diverse dynamics and roles in my group and how could I
support its growth?
- How is it possible to promote the personal and social skills of the pupils using arts
and action methods, such as psychodrama or sociodrama?
- What are the qualities of an instructor?
We offer a wide range of educational activities that can benefit from the use of a variety of psychodrama and action methods. These can enhance and add both educational and enjoyment value to educational events and lead to a better experience for both the facilitators and the students.
- Note: Participants must have at least a CEFR level B2 knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively.
The course focuses on educatorsand youth workers, who are interested in the implementation of participative, inclusive structures in their work and who want to support children and adolescents in their social and personal development, through experiential learning. The workshop includes some theoretical
part and indoor and outdooractivities.
Methods & Tools
The methodology used for the course is primarily based on practical activities inspired by experiential teaching, with practical simulations, analysis, discussion and exchange of experiences and good practicesamong participants.
During the course, we also organize study visits to local schools. We discuss with participants their needs and we organize study visits to cover these needs. We usually organize study visits to:
- Early education – Primary education – Secondary education – Adult education local schools.
- Special needs education schools.
In course fee includes
- Coffee Breaks that include traditional products.
- Guided tour of the Historical Center of the town.
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant of the town.
- Europass Mobility.
- A small gift with traditional Cretan products.
|Inclusive Education through Arts||Heraklion||01 May 2023||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Inclusive Education through Arts||Heraklion||03 Jul 2023||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Inclusive Education through Arts||Heraklion||07 Aug 2023||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Inclusive Education through Arts||Heraklion||18 Sep 2023||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Inclusive Education through Arts||Heraklion||13 May 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Inclusive Education through Arts||Heraklion||24 Jun 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Inclusive Education through Arts||Heraklion||22 Jul 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Inclusive Education through Arts||Heraklion||16 Sep 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|