“Creativity concerns what we do with our abilities”
David. N. Perkins, “The Mind’s best work”,1942
Different people learn in different ways. Each of us develops his or her learning style, capacities, preferences, and limitations. Some prefer to start with practical action and then reflect on what does or does not work, others prefer to have the theoretical explanation first. It’s important to learn how to combine positive sides of different personal styles and different methodological approaches to reach as many people as possible. We learn from our own experience, from others, from the group, and through action.
During the course, participants could work out different tools and techniques to engage students’ critical thinking and enhance their creativity. Therefore they would learn, how to apply various active learning methods to establish diversity and inclusion. Through art-based teaching tools, we support children and young people to recognize and strengthen their personal and social skills.
At the end of the seminar participants will be able to answer the following questions:
- How can I integrate the shyest students or students with emotional disabilities disorders through interactive and experiential methods and using arts?
- How do I prevent or confront bullying in my class or school community?
- How do I recognize the diverse dynamics and roles in my group and how could I support its growth?
- How is it possible to promote the personal and social skills of the pupils using arts and action methods, such as psychodrama or sociodrama?
- What are the qualities of an instructor?
We offer a wide range of educational activities that can benefit from the use of a variety of psychodrama and action methods. These can enhance and add both educational and enjoyment value to educational events and lead to a better experience for both the facilitators and the students.
- The optical impulse
- The power of observation
- Music educational activities to promote diversity
- Let us make our comic!
- Creative Writing or Storytelling
- Steps to produce a mystery story with the students
- The puppet theater meets different fairytales.
- Board games in education: How to make a board game in the classroom
- Sculptures with clay
For more information click here Inclusive education through Arts