Teachers today are faced with many challenges. While integrating technology in the classroom should be something all teachers enthusiastically embrace, the rapid onslaught of new tools has left teachers overwhelmed and unmotivated. Many primary schools have invested in hardware, software, and internet access but in order for the curriculum to be truly integrated, teachers must also invest their time and effort to learn how to enhance their lessons with the various tools at their disposal. The instructional goal, therefore, of the first professional development series is that given a standards-based instructional goal, the teachers will select the appropriate Web 2.0 tool(s) to integrate into the curriculum producing activities with these that promotes 21st Century Skills.
The project aims for the participants:
- To get familiar with Web 2.0 tools
- To learn about new web 2.0 tools
- To share creative ideas and activities for children by web 2.0 technologies.
- To plan and design effective learning experiences supported by web 2.0 technologies.
- To gain basic knowledge, skills and understanding of concepts related to web 2.0 technology integration.
- To integrate and utilize technology in their instruction.
For more information click here Preparing primary-school teachers to integrate Web 2.0 Tools (PDF)