In an everyday changing environment, it is vital for schools to be able to identifyviolent behavior among studentsin a prior stage in order to implementprevention strategies that affecttheentire community. Teachersare often in a stickyposition when it comes to school violence, a fact that puts them at risk for much of the same abuse as children in their schools,but also assigns them the role of protector for a good part of each day. While school violenceis everyone’s problem, teachers are in a valuable position when it comes to spottingsigns of a problem long before it escalates. They are also relied on by parents to help them get through the children when they areat a loss and feel as if they havetried everything else. As an adult with the potential to gain children’s trust, a teacher can be there for a child who may not feel like he or she can turn to anyone else. With the tools providedon this seminar,educators will be ready to deal with them and do their part in combating school violence from the unique and powerful position that they are in.
- Note: Participants must have at least a CEFR level B2 knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively.
Teachers workingin kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools, head teachers, managers.
Methods & Tools
Lectures, exercises, discussions, teamwork, role-playing, study visits.
During the course, we also organize study visits to local schools. We discuss with participants their needs and we organize study visits to cover these needs. We usually organize study visits to:
- Early education – Primary education – Secondary education – Adult education local schools.
- Special needs education schools.
In course fee includes
- Coffee Breaks that include traditional products.
- Guided tour of the Historical Center of the town.
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant of the town.
- Europass Mobility.
- A small gift with traditional Cretan products.
- Certificate of Attendance, for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.
|Prevention of Violence and Child Abuse||Heraklion||05 Feb 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Prevention of Violence and Child Abuse||Heraklion||22 Apr 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Prevention of Violence and Child Abuse||Heraklion||13 May 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Prevention of Violence and Child Abuse||Heraklion||22 Jul 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Prevention of Violence and Child Abuse||Heraklion||16 Sep 2024||1 week||560 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|