Learning a second language is crucial in a world with open borders and a fast pace where communication is unrestricted. According to the school curriculums, teachers play a crucial role in facilitating the children to learn a second language. A variety of teaching and learning approaches has been implemented, some of which are: learning grammar rules, vocabulary, memorizing phrases and dialogues, engagement in tasks and games while speaking in the new language. However, in order to communicate effectively with the students, teachers should not only focus on textbooks but also take into account the individual learners’ characteristics, development of knowledge and their ability to use it as well as the environments for learning a second language.
- Note: Participants must have at least a CEFR level B2 knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively.
Addressed to: school and preschool teachers, professors teaching in secondary education, foreign language teachers, educational councils, undergraduate or postgraduate college students. English B2 (Upper-Intermediate) is necessary.
Methods & Tools
Lectures, discussions, group work, presentations, exercises, study visits, video- presentation, audiovisual tools, practical implementations, teaching proposals.
During the course, we also organize study visits to local schools. We discuss with participants their needs and we organize study visits to cover these needs. We usually organize study visits to:
- Early education – Primary education – Secondary education – Adult education local schools.
- Special needs education schools.
In course fee includes
- Coffee Breaks that include traditional products.
- Guided tour of the Historical Center of the town.
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant of the town.
- Europass Mobility.
- A small gift with traditional Cretan products.
- Certificate of Attendance, for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.
|Second Language Acquisition in Childhood||Heraklion||03 Jul 2023||5 days||400 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Second Language Acquisition in Childhood||Heraklion||06 Nov 2023||5 days||400 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Second Language Acquisition in Childhood||Heraklion||04 Mar 2024||5 days||400 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Second Language Acquisition in Childhood||Heraklion||01 Jul 2024||5 days||400 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Second Language Acquisition in Childhood||Heraklion||04 Nov 2024||5 days||400 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|