“For the competence-based curricula (CBC).“
Since the introduction of competency-based curricula (CBC) around the world to prepare a workforce for Industry 4.0, metacognitive teaching has emerged as an innovative research agenda in education. The fundamental tenet of CBC is that educators must assist students in acquiring metacognitive abilities like problem-solving, planning, monitoring, and decision-making. Teachers must master metacognitive teaching techniques as the demand for increasing students’ capacity to learn the competences necessary for Industry 4.0 rises. Schools are advised to apply CBC to improve students’ metacognitive skills for achieving self-regulation and lifelong learning. Metacognition refers to “cognition about cognition”, “thinking about thinking”, or “knowing about knowing” and higher order thinking skills. In this course, we will examine various components of metacognition, including its role in learningand memory. The participantswill practice in experienced techniques, as the main aim is the active participation, utilization ofknowledge and experiences andthedevelopment of critical thinking and creativity.
- Note: Participants must have at least a CEFR level B2 knowledge of English in order to be able to participate actively.
Teachers (pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational,adult, special needs),teacher trainers, careersofficers, educational guides and counsellors, headteachers / principals / managersof schools / organizations offering adult education, professionals and managers.
Methods & Tools
Lectures, exercises, discussions, teamwork, role-playing, study visits.
During the course, we also organize study visits to local schools. We discuss with participants their needs and we organize study visits to cover these needs. We usually organize study visits to:
- Early education – Primary education – Secondary education – Adult education local schools.
- Special needs education schools.
In course fee includes
- Coffee Breaks that include traditional products.
- Guided tour of the Historical Center of the town.
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant of the town.
- Europass Mobility.
- A small gift with traditional Cretan products.
- Certificate of Attendance, for participants who attend at least 80% of the course.
|Metacognitive Teaching Strategies||Heraklion||04 Mar 2024||1 week||580 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Metacognitive Teaching Strategies||Heraklion||05 Aug 2024||1 week||580 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|
|Metacognitive Teaching Strategies||Heraklion||07 Oct 2024||1 week||580 €||Confirmed||PreRegister|